The cold winter months bring along the much loved festive season, but also hazardous driving conditions. Dark nights, slippery roads and extreme weather increase the risk of having an accident or damaging your car. Whether you’re rushing around finishing off your Christmas shopping or driving to a friend’s house for a New Year’s Party, follow these tips we’ve put together to ensure you stay safe while driving in difficult conditions.
Before you begin your journey
- Keep an eye on local weather updates and check traffic reports in your area.
- Main roads are more likely to have been gritted, try and use these if possible.
- Avoid secondary roads or high ground where possible as roads here tend to be more icy.
- Let somebody know about your journey and estimated arrival time.
- Make sure your mobile is...