https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/insurance-policies-to-be-hit-with-2-levy-for-next-seven-years-1.3563301Marie O'Halloran Thu, Jul 12, 2018, 22:11 Irish Times
Insurance policies to be hit with 2% levy for next seven years
Dáil passes Bill aiming to deal with outstanding claims from Setanta Insurance collapse
A 2 per cent levy is to be added to insurance policies to provide funds for use in the event of insurance company collapses.
The Insurance (Amendment) Bill will deal with outstanding claims from the collapse in 2014 of Setanta Insurance.
The Bill provides for the transfer of the Insurance Compensation Fund to the Central Bank and will create a Motor Insurers Insolvency Compensation Fund to make provision for any future failures.
The Dáil heard the legislation anticipates the levy being in place for at least...
The cold winter months bring along the much loved festive season, but also hazardous driving conditions. Dark nights, slippery roads and extreme weather increase the risk of having an accident or damaging your car. Whether you’re rushing around finishing off your Christmas shopping or driving to a friend’s house for a New Year’s Party, follow these tips we’ve put together to ensure you stay safe while driving in difficult conditions.
Before you begin your journey
- Keep an eye on local weather updates and check traffic reports in your area.
- Main roads are more likely to have been gritted, try and use these if possible.
- Avoid secondary roads or high ground where possible as roads here tend to be more icy.
- Let somebody know about your journey and estimated arrival time.
- Make sure your mobile is...